Helsinki Velotour is a road cycling race and sportive event held on Sunday, August 27th 2017. The event will be held at the Helsinki Olympic Velodrome and it includes two routes, about 75 and 150 kilometers respectively.
Starts take place in groups of 50 riders in registration order in 2-minute intervals.
For the 150 km route the first groups to start are the average speed groups (36, 33, 30, 28, 26, 24 and 22 km/h) that have group leaders assigned by the event organizer. Likewise, for the 75 km route the first groups to start are the average speed groups (28, 24 and 20 km/h).
If you want to ride in one of the average speed groups, choose the group when you register for the event! The size of the average speed groups is limited to 50 riders. Additional groups may be arranged if there is a lot of demand.
Race starts in the 2017 event are as follows:
- Men’s Elite: 155 km
- Women’s Elite: 100 km
- Category 2: 100 km
- Category 3: 75 km
Note: To enter a race start you must have a valid racing license of a UCI member federation. In addition, you must have an insurance covering competitive events.
The entry fee to race starts is 40 € until the end of the registration period.
The time table for Sunday is as follows:
- 10.00: National race starts Men’s Elite, Women’s Elite, Category 2 and Category 3
- 11.00: Baltic Chain Tour stage 4 start from Mäkelänkatu, in front of the velodrome
- 11.15 onwards: Sportive starts for the 150 km route
- 12.50: Category 2 and 3 prize ceremony on the velodrome infield area
- Around 13.10: Women’s Elite race finish on Mäkelänkatu
- 13.30 onwards: Sportive starts for the 75 km route
- Around 14.00: Men’s Elite race finish on Mäkelänlatu
- Around 14.30: Baltic Chain Tourin stage 4 finish on Mäkelänkatu
- 14.50: Men’s Elite and Women’s Elite prize ceremony on the velodrome infield area
- 15.00: Baltic Chain Tourin prize ceremony on the velodrome infield area
Pre-registration is closed for the 2017 event! Registration will be possible at the velodrome on Saturday from 10:00 until 18:00 for 72 €. On Sunday morning registration is possible starting from 7:00 for 80 €.
Timing and service points
Both race and sportive events have electronic timing. The 75 km route has three service points and the 150 km route has five. A warm meal will be available at the velodrome after the finish!
The route is marked with signs before intersections. The exact length of the route is 77,7 kilometers and service points are at about 19, 01 and 58 kilometers. The exact route map is available from RideWithGPS from where you can also download it for use in your GPS device.
The route is marked with signs before intersections. The exact length of the route is 155,1 kilometers and service points are at about 18, 48, 80, 119 and 136 kilometers. The exact route map is available from RideWithGPS from where you can also download it for use in your GPS device.
If you have any comments or questions, please fill in the form below!