Helsinki Velotour is a road cycling race and sportive event held on Sunday, August 25th 2019. The event will be held at the Helsinki Olympic Velodrome and it includes two routes, about 75 and 150 kilometers respectively.
Starts take place in groups of 50 riders in registration order in 2-minute intervals.
For the 150 km route the first groups to start are the average speed groups (36, 33, 30, 28, 26 and 24 km/h) that have group leaders assigned by the event organizer. Likewise, for the 75 km route the first groups to start are the average speed groups (28, 24 and 20 km/h).
If you want to ride in one of the average speed groups, choose the group when you register for the event! The size of the average speed groups is limited to 50 riders. Additional groups may be arranged if there is a lot of demand.
The following schedule is indicative:
- 10.10: Race-start, M-Elite, 153 km
- 10.40: Race-start, Kategoria 2, 110 km
- 10.45: Race-start, Kategoria 3, 77 km
- 10.50: Race-start, N-Elite, 77 km
- 11.00 onwards: Long sportive event, 77 km
- 12.00 alkaen: Short sportive event, 153 km
You can also check out the more detailed intersection timetable. Please note that the times are approximations, and actual schedule may wary.
Registration is open for the sportive starts of the 2019 event! In order to enter the event, kindly fill out the registration form.
- Pre-registration until 19.8.2019: 65 €
- At the velodrome on Saturday, 24.8.2019: 72 €
- On the morning of Sunday, 25.8.2019: 80 €
- The registration fee includes the participation right for the Helsinki Velotour 2019 cycling event, timing and result service, luggage service, and food service at rest points and the finish area.
- Distance and speed group can be changed until the end of pre-registration, behind the link in the confirmation e-mail. However, speed groups can fill up before the pre-registration ends.
- The registration can not be cancelled. If a medical certificate is provided the registration can be moved to next year’s event.
- The registration can be be moved to another person for a service fee of 10 euros.
- The name, home town/club and start group of the entrant are published on the organizer’s web site.
- Participants of the sportive starts are insured by the organizer.
The entry fee for race starts is 50 €. In order to enter a race start (men’s elite, women’s elite, category 2 and category 3) you must have a valid racing licence of a UCI member federation, as well as insurance covering competitive events.
Registration to race starts.
Payment with culture & fitness benefit
It is possible to pay the registration fee for Helsinki Velotour 2019 with Smartum, Edenred, Eazybreak, Sporttipassi or Tyky fitness benefits. Both app & physical voucher payment methods are accepted.
- When paying with Smartum Saldo, please make a payment with the amount of the current payment step to Helsinki Velotour Ry from Smartum’s website. You can also use the SmartumPay-app.
- When paying with Edenred, please make a payment with the amount of the current payment step to Helsinki Velotour Ry from the Edenred mobile app.
- When paying with Eazybreak mobile voucher, please make a payment with the amount of the current payment step to Helsinki Velotour Ry from the Eazybreak mobile app.
- When paying with Eazybreak, please make a payment with the amount of the current payment step to Helsinki Velotour Ry from the ePassi mobile app.
- When paying with Tyky, please send your signed vouchers to Helsinki Velotour Ry to the address below.
When paying with physical vouchers, please send your signed vouchers via post to the following address:
Helsinki Velotour Ry
When you have completed the payment, please send verification of it to email@example.com. You can also send a message via the Facebook Messenger.
After payment is completed, we will respond with a voucher code, which is used to submit registration using Raceresult.
Timing and service points
Both race and sportive events have electronic timing. The 75 km route has three service points and the 150 km route has five. A warm meal will be available at the velodrome after the finish!
The route is marked with signs before intersections. The exact length of the route is 77,7 kilometers and service points are at about 19, 40 and 58 kilometers. The exact route map is available from RideWithGPS from where you can also download it for use in your GPS device.
The route is marked with signs before intersections. The exact length of the route is 153,8 kilometers and service points are at about 18, 48, 78, 116 and 134 kilometers. The exact route map is available from RideWithGPS from where you can also download it for use in your GPS device.
If you have any comments or questions, please fill in the form below!